This Privacy Statement outlines our data collection practices, as well as your rights regarding your personal information.
What information do we collect?
When ordering or registering on our website or in-person, as appropriate, you may be asked to provide your name, email address, physical address, phone number, and debit card, credit card, or other payment gateway (such as PayPal) information.
From your activity on our website, we automatically collect:
- System data from your device, including your IP address, device type and unique identifiers, browser type, and operating system.
- Usage data, including the pages you visit before and after our site, the time and duration of your activity on our site, and the pages and features you access on our site.
- Approximate geographic location data based on your IP address.
You may choose to visit our site anonymously (for example, by using an incognito window in your Internet browser).
How do we collect your information?
We collect your personal data when you submit any forms to us (such as when you place an order or subscribe to our email list), visit our website, and/or contact us directly for support. We may also collect information from third-party partner sites, such as Facebook.
In addition, we use automated online tools such as cookies, pixel tags, analytics services (such as Google Analytics), and advertising providers (such as Google AdWords and Facebook) to collect your personal information.
Cookies are small data packets stored on your device that “remember” your previous activity on our site, to enhance your user experience. Pixel tags are small blocks of code that are often used to enable the functioning of cookies. You may choose to disable cookies on your device through your Internet browser’s settings.
Third-party analytics services (such as Google Analytics) collect data on website activity and demographics, to provide us with performance metrics and other usage data. For more information on Google Analytics, including opt-out instructions, please visit https://www.google.com/analytics.
Please be advised that disabling or opting out of any of our data collection methods may affect your experience in visiting our website and/or using our services and products.
How do we use your information?
The information we collect from you may be used in the following ways:
- To provide and improve customer service: Your information helps us to effectively respond to your customer service requests and support needs.
- To process and deliver orders for products and services: In our order forms, we collect only the information necessary for order transactions and delivery.
- To send periodic emails: By purchasing a product or service, or by subscribing to our email list, you consent to receive from us periodic information and updates pertaining to your orders, as well as occasional company news, updates, and promotions we feel align with your interests. If at any time you would like to stop receiving emails from us, you will find detailed unsubscribe instructions at the bottom of each email, or you may email your request directly to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- To enhance your experience on our website and partner third-party sites (such as Facebook): The automated information we collect through automated online tools (cookies, pixel tags, analytics services, and advertising providers) allows us to customize your experience around your interests and previous activity.
How do we protect your information?
We implement a variety of security measures to maintain the safety of your personal information when you place an order or enter, submit, or access your personal information.
We offer the use of a secure server. All sensitive cardholder/payment data is transmitted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology and then encrypted into our third-party payment gateway provider’s database, accessible only by those authorized with special access rights to such systems, who are required to keep that information confidential.
Though we do our best to guard your personal information, please understand that no security system can guarantee absolute protection. In particular, please be aware that email communication may be not always be secure, so take care in choosing what information you share with us via email.
If you suspect there has been a breach in the security of the personal information you’ve shared with us, please notify us immediately by emailing email@example.com. (Again, we recommend not including any sensitive data in your email.) If we detect a security breach on our end, we will send notification to all affected individuals within 72 hours.
Do we disclose any information to outside parties?
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer your personally identifiable information to outside parties, unless sharing that information is necessary for operating our website, conducting our business, or servicing you in the ways outlined in the “How do we use your information?” section above.
We may also share your personal information when appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect our or others’ rights, property, or safety.
Special Measures for California Residents
No Personal Information from Children
We respect children’s privacy in particular. We do not target knowingly or intentionally collect personally identifiable information from children under the age of 13. By using the Site, you have represented and warranted that you are either 18 years of age or using the Site with the supervision of a parent or guardian. If you are under 13, you may not use the Site. If you become aware that your child has provided us with personal information without your consent, you are urged to email us at We respect children’s privacy in particular. We do not target knowingly or intentionally collect personally identifiable information from children under the age of 13. By using the Site, you have represented and warranted that you are either 18 years of age or using the Site with the supervision of a parent or guardian. If you are under 13, you may not use the Site. If you become aware that your child has provided us with personal information without your consent, you are urged to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
At any time, you may request:
- an electronic and portable copy of the personal information we have on file for you.
- the removal of your personal data from our system, so long as it is not necessary for the purposes of fulfilling a current contract.
- to modify your personal information in our system.
- to stop receiving emails from us.
- (for EU residents in countries designated in the GDPR) to lodge a complaint with the relevant EU data protection authority. A list of the Data Protection Authorities in the EU may be found here.
Please email your requests to email@example.com, and we will comply as soon as possible (within 30 days at most).
Placing an order for our products and/or services establishes a lawful basis of “performance of contract” for us to collect and process your personal information as it pertains to your order.
By actively indicating your consent in a form or other means of communication that asks your permission for us to collect and process your personal information, you establish a lawful basis of “consent” for us to process and use your personal data as outlined in the terms of this policy.
This policy was last modified on, and is effective as of, November 5, 2018.